On September 7th Deborah’s Place is participating in the 33rd Hunger Walk to raise funds and awareness for hunger-fighting programs in Cook County. The funds we raise will directly support the Greater Chicago Food Depository’s network of 700 member food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and programs including Deborah’s Place.
In addition, Deborah’s place will receive $12 per person who registers and walks with our team. That is the equivalent of four nutritious meals for a woman experiencing homelessness!
- Visit our team page: chicagosfoodbank.org/hungerwalkagencies
- Click “Join Team” and search for Deborah’s Place
- Select to register as a GCFD Member Agency, include the number of people who will accompany you
- Click “Register”. You will need to provide the first and last names of each attendee, and an email address (you can use a single email address for up to 25 people, this just sends a confirmation of registration!)
- You will have the opportunity to pay what you can as a donation (in lieu of a registration fee)
Registration ends Tuesday, August 27th
Transportation and Meet Up
A bus will be available to transport walkers from Deborah’s Place, Rebecca Johnson Apartments at 2822 W. Jackson Blvd. to Jackson Park on the day of the event.
Bus will leave promptly at 7:15 AM
All Deborah’s Place walkers will meet at 8:00 am in front of the starting line entrance tent at Jackson Park on the day of the event. Here walkers will receive their t-shirts and their walker bibs. All Deborah’s Place walkers will gather here before beginning the walk as a group.
We hope to see you there!