Breaking the Cycle of Homelessness through Innovation and Collaboration
Deborah’s Place is Chicago’s largest provider of supportive housing exclusively for women and is recognized as an innovative leader among homeless service providers locally and nationally. Since our founding in 1985, we have worked collaboratively with our participants, offered a range of high quality services and tried new approaches – putting Deborah’s Place at the forefront of agencies making a difference to those in need in Chicago.
Deborah’s Place breaks the cycle of homelessness for women in Chicago. Through a continuum of housing options, comprehensive support services and opportunities for change provided by dedicated volunteers and staff, women succeed in achieving their goals of stable housing, sustainable income and greater self-determination.
We seek to fulfill our mission through the expression of our core values:
- We believe in and encourage creative expression and self determination, and we support an individual’s freedom to make choices.
- We believe in building community through relationships, communication and social commitment.
- We believe in the right to quality services delivered with respect and empathy.
- We believe in diversity that honors differences in age, culture and social orientation.
- We believe in the right to safe, clean and affordable housing.