Emergency Shelter & Interim Housing

If you need a place to stay, call 311 or visit a Community Service Center. They will connect you with resources for rental assistance and homelessness prevention. They can also refer you to an overnight shelter.

Deborah’s Place does not operate an emergency shelter program.

Permanent Housing

Deborah’s Place takes all referrals for our permanent supportive housing programs from Chicago’s Coordinated Entry System (CES). We do not maintain a separate waitlist for these programs. If you or someone you know is seeking permanent supportive housing, the person seeking housing must visit a Housing Access Point to be assessed for the CES.  The list of sites where you can get assessed to get on the CES is located here.  Contact [email protected] with questions.

To be on the waitlist for Deborah’s Place, please fill out the Chicago Housing Authority Application HERE.

Questions about the application process? Check out the Chicago Housing Authority video for more information HERE.

Deborah’s Place housing programs are available to single unaccompanied women, including transgender or nonbinary individuals. We do not house anyone under the age of 18. For general information about Deborah’s Place housing programs, visit the Housing Services page or contact us.