In addition to monetary support, your in-kind donations to provide our residents resources to turn housing into a home. When you donate items to Deborah’s Place, you facilitate independence and well-being for women in Chicago who’ve experienced homelessness.
We use RightGift, so there’s no guessing needed on your part: we upload a list of what’s needed, and generous supporters like you know exactly how best to help. Click the green buttons to shop our wish list.
When you donate cleaning supplies, you make it possible for a woman to maintain her home as a comfortable and safe place to live.
With over 600 women in our supportive housing programs, we rely on your support to provide them with clean linens. By donating new linens, comforters, towels and pillows, you can help them to rest easy after the trauma of homelessness.
By donating full-size essential toiletries, you help Deborah’s Place to provide women with resources to live in confidence.
Other Essential Items
Items on this list are needed year-round. By shopping through our Amazon Wish List, the items you donate are shipped directly to us. Plus, if you order using AmazonSmile and select Deborah’s Place as your charity of choice, we get a percentage of the sale proceeds!
- Disinfectant, hand sanitizer and tissues
- Cleaning supplies – kitchen, bathroom, laundry and general items
- Assorted toiletries – toilet paper; full-size shampoo & conditioner; African-American hair care products; body wash, hand soap & soap bars; deodorant, incontinence supplies, denture cream and denture cleaning supplies
- Linens – NEW towels, twin- and full-size sheet sets, pillows, comforters
- Microwaveable dishes
- Glassware and silverware sets
- Kitchenware and small appliances – pots, pans, toasters, coffee makers, microwaves
- Reading glasses
- Clothing (new-with-tags only)
- Furniture (occasionally–please contact us first to confirm need and space)
Gift & Fare Cards:
- Single ride Ventra cards
- Grocery gift cards – Pete’s Fresh Market, Jewel and Mariano’s
- Shopping gift cards – Target, Walmart, Dollar Tree
- Walgreens and CVS gift cards
Items we do not accept:
- Used Linens
- Open/expired food or medications
- Baby items or toys
- Flammable items such as candles or incense
If you have a question about whether we will accept your item, please contact Debra Duncan at DDuncan@deborahsplace.org before coming to our location.
To Donate Goods
Donations are accepted at 2822 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612, during regular business hours (9 AM to 5 PM, M – F). Please email Debra to schedule a time if you need to make other drop-off arrangements.