How to mobilize your workplace to change lives
Things that seem impossible to achieve as just one person suddenly become much more attainable when we approach them as a team. This principle of the power of community guides our case managers as they help women to achieve their goals, and spurs us to collaborate with organizations who share our vision of a Chicago where everyone is housed.
As 2023 draws to an end, we’re challenging our supporters to call on their teams to make amazing things happen. With your help, we know we can serve more women, house more of our neighbors, and change more lives.
Here’s how to make a life-changing impact as a team by organizing a workplace fundraiser.
- Spread the word through email and in-person
- Share this flyer, or design your own!
- Show your coworkers the impact they can have through the stories of the women of Deborah’s Place
- Write a few words about why you care about what we do
- Collect money
- This can be old-school (passing around a hat, throwing a bake sale) or use modern methods (Venmo, a Facebook fundraiser)
- Donate to our end-of-year fundraiser
- Share your success!
- Brag & tag us on social media so we can thank you publicly
In FY22, we helped 656 women make progress toward their goals and heal from the experience of homelessness—and we know that isn’t possible without our community. By donating, you are changing lives for the better.